The First Cach

I've been back visiting Lohja dump.

It's time to admit it. I have a gull problem. 3 visits in late July failed to produce anything of note.

My luck changed when late last week I found a decent rarity, in my own garden of all places, in the form of a Kingfisher.

Kingfisher is another one of those species which, being way too common back home, I've never bothered to go for here. It wouldn't have been difficult to connect with, there's always some gettable birds around the capital somewhere.

That said, finding one in my garden was a bit special.

With my luck in form, I headed back to Lohja on Monday evening.

A couple of hours hunting through the gulls was looking like a bust, and I was making my mind up to leave early...when suddenly there it was, my first Caspian gull of the autumn.








Fantastic neat pattern to those new Scapular feathers coming through.





That underwing starting to whiten up.



The bird stayed around the trash pile for about 10 minutes before the whole flock took off and it was time to leave anyway.

Hopefully more of these in the weeks to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finnish Focus On...Taiga And Tundra Bean Geese

How To Be A Rarity Finder

The Irish Rare Birds Committee...The end of days?